HERE for PDF file of the current draft.
by Dave Witte Morris
Here are the chapters in the current version:
- What is a Locally Symmetric Space?
- Geometric Meaning of R-rank and Q-rank
- Introduction to Semisimple Lie Groups
- Basic Properties of Lattices
- What is an Arithmetic Lattice?
- Examples of Lattices
- SL(n,Z) is a lattice in
- Real Rank
- Ergodic Theory
- Amenable Groups
- Kazhdan's Property (T)
- Margulis Superrigidity Theorem
- Normal Subgroups of Gamma
- Arithmetic Lattices in Classical Groups
- Construction of a Coarse Fundamental Domain
- Ratner's Theorems on Unipotent Flows
This version was posted May 27, 2012, and has some new
chapters. It needs revision, but is fairly complete.
- Assumed Background
- Which Classical Groups are Isogenous?
- Central Division Algebras over Number Fields
- A Quick Look at S-Arithmetic
The Latex source files are available at http://arxiv.org/abs/math/0106063