Reverse detail from Kakelbont MS 1, a fifteenth-century French Psalter. This image is in the public domain. Daniel Paul O'Donnell

Forward to Navigation

Updating Textpattern and Solving a Rewrite Problem

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 18:03;
Last Modified: Mar 29, 2017 18:03

Tags: , , ,

---

Just updated my CMS (Textpattern) to the latest version (6.4.2). I had to because the University just updated the PHP on the server and this broke the old install.

Everything worked great except for one thing: I could get it to work if I put the full URL to the index page in (i.e. http://people.uleth.ca/~daniel.odonnell/index.php); but it didn’t work if I just put in the top-level directory (i.e. http://people.uleth.ca/~daniel.odonnell/). Links to other pages also didn’t work.

The error I got came from Zope, the server. And it said that it it couldn’t find http://people.uleth.ca/People.

This looks like a rewrite error. After Googling around and experimenting, I found that the issue was in my .htaccess file, which is provided by Textpattern. Basically I did the following:

  1. uncomment #RewriteBase
  2. replace Path/To/Site (or similar) in the same line with the top-level directory for my site (i.e. what comes after people.uleth.ca, or, in my case /~daniel.odonnell
  3. save and reload
----  

Comment

:
:

:

Textile help

Back to content

Search my site

Sections

Current teaching

Recent changes to this site

Tags

anglo-saxon studies, caedmon, citation, citation practice, citations, composition, computers, digital humanities, digital pedagogy, exercises, grammar, history, moodle, old english, pedagogy, research, student employees, students, study tips, teaching, tips, tutorials, unessay, universities, university of lethbridge

See all...

Follow me on Twitter

At the dpod blog